How We Work
HGI members’ link to editors’ corner
The HGI’s methodology ensures that projects undertaken reflect items of strong interest to the Broadband Service Providers
(BSPs), and brings in opportunities at every stage for vendor input, suggestions and participation.
- Projects are brought to Management Committee (MC) by BSPs where they are vetted to ensure a strong degree of common interest. The MC, consulting with the working group chairs, sets the scope of new projects and directs their progress through business and technical working groups.
- Vendors propose projects to MC either informally to MC members, or formally, typically in plenary presentations at HGI quarterly meetings.
- Business and service drivers for projects are determined and documented by the HGI Business Group (BG), which is open to all members.
- Requirements documents are finalised by technical working groups, starting from MC direction and BG input.
- Business and technical working group chair positions are open to all member companies. Typically, chair positions are filled by BSPs and deputy chair positions by vendor members.
- HGI requirements documents go through a ratification process prior to publication where all members companies have a ballot